Norway (Skofterud, Johaug, Hagen, Bjoergen) won the women's 4x5km relay C/F in Gällivare (SWE) in a time of 43:32.2. The home team of Sweden (Ingemarsdotter, Bleckur, Larsen, Kalla) powered to second place in 45:51.6 as team USA (Brooks, Randall, Stephen, Diggins) claims a historic third place finish, +28.2 behind the winning team.
- Fifth victory for team Norway I in the relays in Gällivare (2004. 2006, 2008, 2010)
- First ever World Cup podium for Martine Ek Hagen (NOR), Lisa Larsen (SWE), Sofia Bleckur (SWE), Liz Stephens and Holly Brooks (both USA)
- Therese Johaug (NOR) pulled away on her second leg but Kikkan Randall (USA) was the fastest and closed the gap again to +8.2 sec before the first free technique leg.
- Charlotte Kalla (SWE) was the second quickest on the anchor leg behind Marit Bjoergen and took Sweden to second place.
- Jessica Diggins (USA) edged out in the finishing sprint Marthe Kristoffersen (NOR) by +0.5 sec
- First women's relay podium for USA
Please note that high quality action and podium pictures from today’s competitions are available for purchase through the Internet portal offered by Nordic Focus, FIS Partner for photos from the Nordic Disciplines, at www.nordicfocus.com
See images from today's race from NordicFocus visit our facebook page at: www.facebook.com/fiscrosscountry
For complete results click here.