Cold, hard packed icy granular mix artificial and natural snow
Special Remarks to Competion and Participants
• Third edition of Ruka Triple
• Ladies and Men will go the same 1.4 km course
• Loop of honor for the ladies right after their finish (no loop of honor for the men)
• Bonus Seconds to be awarded to top 30 only in tomorrow’s classical sprint (60", 56"... 1")
• First competition that counts in the new BMW xDrive Trophy (more info in the attached fact sheet and press release)
• Johan Olsson (SWE) skips Kuusamo due to illness
• Oeistein Pettersen, Eirik Brandsdal and John Kristian Dahl are going to ski only the sprint on Friday. They will leave for Quebec next Tuesday
• Maiken Caspersen Falla (NOR) sits out Kuusamo due to illness as well as Charlotte Kalla (SWE) and Ida Ingemarsdotter (SWE)
• Ola Vigen Hattestad (NOR) has coped with effects of the viral infection he had at the beginning of September. He is in training but not ready for competition yet.
Race Director Pierre Mignerey’s Remark
We had a really good season kick off in Gällivare last weekend. I am looking forward to the first stage-competition of the season. We will start tomorrow with the new sprint challenge, BMW xDrive Trophy. The principle is to add all the bonus points and seconds during the season. The skier with most points will leave Falun with a brand new BMW X1. The snow conditions are very good and compact.
Marit Bjoergen (NOR)
Therese Johaug is in a very good shape. We trained together a lot and I think she will be the lady to beat this season. She pushes me forward. I want to be on the top of the podium, and it is good for me to see her getting stronger and stronger. In Kuusamo I think the tracks fit me well, I have had good results before here. I want to be pushing hard and be on the podium on Sunday. I did not train sprints that much in the summer and I am looking forward to seeing how good I will be in the sprint tomorrow.
Petter Northug Jr. (NOR)
I had a good start last weekend in Gällivare. I should have been fighting for the podium but I was happy with 7th place. Sunday was a good day for the Norwegian team. We hope to do the same in Kuusamo. I have been pushed by the strong team we have. It is good that there are young guys that show strength in trainings and competitions. Martin (Johnsrud Sunbdy) is a very good skier and Sjur (Roethe) is a big talent, especially in skating. I hope to do a good sprint tomorrow and a good competition on Saturday. I expect a close fight for victory on Sunday. I want to be on the podium.
Emil Joensson (SWE)
Unlike last year I had very good training season without any health problems. I don't know if I should love or hate Kuusamo. I did a very good and fast competitions here and on the other hand I got injured as well. So I will see how it will be tomorrow. I hope for a good competition and cross the finish line without an injury or sickness.
Official start lists
Qualification begins at 11:30am local time, and Elimination Round at 13:30pm.
For The Latest News Visit